Diabetic patients can very often feel a burning or tingling sensation in their feet. It may not seem to be a serious problem. However, it may turn out to be problematic. Many patients have claimed to feel extremely uncomfortable because of this condition. This condition is known as diabetic neuropathy.
Effects of diabetic neuropathy:
Disruption in normal blood glucose level can cause nerve damage in the feet and a reduced supply of blood to the feet.
While nerve damage can lead to loss of sensation in the foot. Loss of sensation may cause an accident as one cannot feel anything. For example, one can walk with a sharp object beneath their foot and not feel anything. This can lead to an ulcer, which is an open sore. It is this foot ulcer that can finally lead to amputation of a toe or even a whole foot.
The reduced supply of blood to the feet can cause further infection on an injury which can cause breaking of the skin.
Diabetic foot care from Runaway bay podiatry clinic provides the perfect solution to these health issues.
If you have any of the following symptoms you should consider contacting a podiatrist soon:
- Lack of sensation in your legs
- Freezing of your legs.
- Uncomfortable tingling or prickling. Feeling in your feet.
- Burning pains in your legs and feet.
- Cramps in your legs after walking a short distance or climbing the staircase.
- Your cuts heal very slowly
- Pain in your legs even when you are taking rest.
Besides visiting a podiatrist at regular intervals these methods are mandatory to provide proper </spandiabetic foot care:
- You should attain more information about taking proper care of your feet from a podiatrist.
- Keep your feet clean. Be aware of swelling, redness, cuts, splinters, discharge of pus. Look carefully between toes, around heels, edges of your nails and also at the soles of your feet.
- While cutting your toenails be sure about not cutting much into the corners rather cut it straight across and gently file any sharp edges.
- Keep your feet moisturized to prevent your skin from drying.
- Try to cover your feet with socks or stockings. Avoid wearing tight ones.
- Choose the right size for your shoes. So that not only it fits you well but also covers your feet properly. Thoroughly check your shoes before wearing them with stones, pins or anything that could cause damage to your feet.
- If you have difficulty with your vision ask some other person to help you.
- Try to keep your feet away from direct heat like heaters, hot water bottles or electric blankets. These can cause blisters under your feet.
- In case of any changes, contact get medical help as soon as possible.
From the following article, you can very well understand that it is important to cure your diabetic foot conditions. Don’t neglect this situation. Diabetic foot treatment by runaway bayprovides the best possible treatment and it also helps you to prevent this condition from any further progression.