Get an advice from Foot Specialist at Runaway Bay Podiatry Clinic, Gold Coast…
At Gold Coast, Runaway Bay Podiatry Clinic treats all types of foot conditions. Sometimes its just difficult to bend down to tend to your own feet because of back pain or arthritis. Whether it be painful corns or callous, thickened toenails, fungal skin or toenail infections if your feet require some general attention give the Runaway Bay Podiatry Clinic a call.
A podiatrist (commonly referred to as a foot doctor or foot specialist) is not a doctor as such but rather an expert in caring for your feet, with special skills focusing on the maintenance and treatment of skin, nails conditions of the feet and ankles. Regular treatment by a podiatrist (also formerly known as a chiropodist) can help prevent many common painful lesions such as ingrown toenails and other nail problems, corns, toenail fungus, callouses and cracked heels. Self-treatment can often turn a minor problem into a major one and is generally not advisable.
You should seek a podiatrist or foot specialist when any of the following conditions occur or persist:
- Blisters are foot problems that we have all had at some point in our lives! They are caused by heat, moisture, skin friction or excessive pressure – or a combination of all!
- Corns and calluses are protective layers of compacted, dead skin cells. They are caused by repeated friction and pressure from skin rubbing against bony areas or against an irregularity in a shoe.
- Cracked heels is when the skin around the heel becomes dry, it loses it’s suppleness and elasticity and often begins to split.
- Foot odour results from excessive perspiration (sweaty feet) from the more than 250,000 sweat glands in the foot. Daily hygiene is essential.
- Warts are caused by a virus, which can enter the skin through small cuts and cause significant foot pain. There is a variety of foot care option for plantar warts which will depend of a number of individual factors which your podiatrist will best educate you on.